* This article is a guide for customers who are using the vacation acquisition method "Use pattern".
There are two methods for taking leave, old and new.
- Old method: Use pattern
- New method: Use leave type
With the new method of "use leave type", initial settings are easy, application is simple, and various new functions are available. In this article, we will explain the advantages of switching, details of specifications, and switching procedure, so please read it and consider switching.
Please refer to here for how to distinguish which setting is used for taking leaves.
The switching procedure is explained at the end of this article.
Table of contents
- How to take leave What is "use of leave type"?
- Benefits of switching to the vacation acquisition method "use leave type"
- Details of the specifications of the leave acquisition method "use of leave type"
- How to take vacation How to change to "Use leave type"
How to take leave; What is "use of leave type"?
Vacation acquisition method In the case of "Use pattern", it is necessary to create a leave pattern in order to take vacation. However, if you use "leave type", you do not need to create a leave pattern. All you have to do is create a leave indicator and you will be able to take it.
In addition, the following merits can be mentioned when using the vacation acquisition method "use of vacation division".
Benefits of switching to the vacation acquisition method "use leave type"
- Since it is not necessary to create a leave pattern, the original work schedule pattern can be retained on the vacation acquisition date.
- Working hours without leave can be counted as midnight hours
- It will be easier to get a half-holiday
- New features available
Details of the specifications of the vacation acquisition method "use of leave type"
Vacation acquisition method If you change the setting from "Use pattern" to "Use leave type", the specifications will change to the following.
No need to create patterns for taking leaves
Since it is not necessary to create a pattern for taking leave, the original work pattern can be retained when registering (applying) when taking leave.
When taking leave, you can register (apply) simply by selecting "Type" and "Acquisition unit" in the "Leave type" item on the work data edit (schedule application) screen.
Working hours without leave can be recorded with reference to the original working hours
Refer to the "scheduled work hours" to "scheduled leave hours" set on the vacation acquisition date, and record the work hours without vacation.
For example, when a night worker takes a leave and records the working hours without leave, it could only be recorded as "fixed time" in "Pattern use", but it can now be recorded as "late-night scheduled" hours.
If you take half a day off on another leave, you do not need to create a pattern for each combination
For example, if you take half a day off in the morning with "paid leave" and in the afternoon with "substitute leave", you need to create a special combination of patterns for the leave acquisition method "use pattern" ( reference ). Therefore, I had to create a pattern for each vacation combination, which was troublesome.
With "Use leave type", you do not need to create a pattern, so even if you take half a day off on another vacation, it will not be a hassle.
New features available
In the future, when new functions related to leave management are implemented, we will only support using "leave type use", so we recommend using "leave type use".
"Leave type setting" setting items will increase
The following items will be added in "Leave type setting".
- How to count all-day leave
→ Set when using the acquisition unit "Full-day vacation (half-day)".
- Display leave Type Color
→ You can set the display color of the schedule column for the vacation acquisition date.
- Override Workday Type if schedule is set to Full-day Leave
→ You can set the work day type of the vacation acquisition date.
- Leave Type-only Schedule Request
→ When applying for vacation, you can set whether you can apply only for the vacation category or you can only apply for the work pattern.
- Calculate Discretionary Holiday Work Hours
→ You can set whether to record the working hours without vacation when taking vacation.
The display method of the schedule column when taking a leave will change
On the time card screen, etc., "Selected pattern" + "(Selected leave type )" is displayed in the schedule column of the vacation acquisition date.
More items can be selected for custom data item settings
The following items are added to the items that can be selected in the custom data item settings.
- Working hours without vacation (fixed hours)
- Working hours without vacation (non-scheduled hours)
- Working hours without vacation (overtime hours)
- Working hours without vacation (late-night overtime)
- Working hours without vacation (late-night hours)
- Working hours without vacation (late-night overtime)
How to take vacation How to change to "Use leave type"
How to take leave. You can change the setting to "Use leave type" at the support center. If you wish, please contact the support center to the effect that you would like to change the settings.
Vacation acquisition method It is not possible to return the setting from "Leave type use" to "Pattern use". Please be careful.
If you change the setting to "Use leave type", please perform the following work.
Setting of "Leave type" item of automatic schedule setting
Settings ＞ Schedule ＞ Automatic schedule settings ＞ There is a new "Leave type" item in the setting items.
If you have registered a leave pattern in the automatic schedule settings, remove the registered leave pattern and set the vacation you want to register in the "Leave type" item.
* Not required if you are not using automatic schedule settings.
* If you are using the automatic schedule setting for each employee, please set that as well.
Removal of leave patterns
If a vacation pattern remains, employees may mistakenly use the pattern to apply for leaves. Please delete the leave pattern.
Even if you delete the leave pattern, it will not deviate from the past schedule or the vacation acquisition history will not be deleted.
Please see here for details.